The holidays are upon us but don’t panic you can still do it Keto Style. Really, you can. I know everyone on every social media platform is talking about their holiday meals, desserts, and drinks. And you are probably thinking how can I stick to Keto with all the temptation out there. But you can… You’ve got this girl.
Today, I am going to be talking about Keto dishes that will make the holidays delicious.
Holiday Recipes for you!
Keto Brined Roasted Herb Turkey
- 5 gallon bucket
- Roasting Pan
- 14 lb Turkey
- 1 1/4 C Stevia/Erythritol mixture sugar
- 1 1/4 C Kosher Salt
- 3 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 each Onion Coarsely chopped
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 sprigs Fresh Sage
- 2 sprigs Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
- 4 Tbsp Ghee Melted
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Gallon Water
- Heat 1 quart of water until warm
- Add Salt and Stevia mix and stir until completely dissolved
- Add remaining water and stir again
- Put water into 5 gallon bucket or tub, submerge turkey and weigh down with something. I like using full gallon jug – clean of course
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight (8-12 hours) the longer the better.
- Rinse turkey thoroughly with cold water and pat dry
- Place half the celery & onion along with the fresh parsley, thyme, sage into the cavity of the turkey. Put the remaining in the bottom of the roasting pan
- Place Turkey in the pan breast side up on the roasting rack.
- Brush the turkey with half the melted ghee, sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, and the dried thyme
- Pour 2 1/2 cup of water into the pan and place it on the lower rack of the oven. Baste every 20 minutes with the remaining ghee and juices from the bottom of the pan turning the pan 1/4 turn each time you baste and cook until internal temp is 165 F for about 2.5 hours.
- Let Rest for 20 minutes. And use the juices for gravy. YUM
Keto Turkey Gravy
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Turkey Drippings
- 2 Cup Broth
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Slowly add pan drippings and broth, whisking until smooth. Bring to a boil, then add Worcestershire and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add xanthan gum and whisk to combine. Let simmer another 5 to 10 minutes until starting to thicken. Gravy will thicken more as it cools.
- If gravy is too thick, thin with more broth as necessary. Serve warm.
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Springform pan
- Aluminum foil
- Hand Blender
- 32 oz Ricotta Cheese Full Fat
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 2/3 C Swerve
- 3 Tbsp Superfine Almond Flour
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 6 Lg Eggs
- 1 C Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Swerve
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease the sides and bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with butter. Cover bottom with foil halfway up the pan making sure no water (adding to the pan when baking) or any part is open or exposed. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flours, pumpkin pie spice, salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend ricotta and pumpkin puree until well combined. Add sugar.
- Add eggs whisking in one at a time.
- Mix in the remaining prepared dry ingredients, and then fold in the vanilla.
- ace pan in the middle of a baking pan with a 1 inch lip. Add warm water to the pan util the water reaches about ½ inch up the springform pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is firm (not jiggly). Remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate.
- Serve with WHIPPED CREAM: In a deep bowl mix cream, sugar and vanilla with a hand blender for 2 minutes or until desired consistency.
Now just add some mashed cauliflower, a green bean casserole, stuffing and some Keto rolls and you are set for a delicious Thanksgiving. Let it not be said that we can’t eat well. Keto is actually delicious and you can make entire meals that the whole family can enjoy. Even for the holidays.
I can tell you that that cheesecake is amazing I tried it before posting this. And OMG it was delicious. I love pumpkin pie but this blew it out of the water.
Now share this with your friends or keep it a secret and feed them a Keto meal and surprise the hell out of them.
Check it out:
Speed Keto has a great Thanksgiving recipe book on their facebook group that you can get free when you purchase the speed keto program. Some of the freebies they give are worth the program cost itself. And follow my journey on Speed Keto. I try to keep you up to date with my journey here.